Brenda Gardner, publisher and MD started Piccadilly Press 28 years ago. Brenda’s experience in publishing was through editorial and she worked for Penguins, W H Allen, and Evans before setting up Piccadilly. Piccadilly won the Independent Publisher’s Award in 2009 after being shortlisted three times and publish across a wide range from picture books to young adult.
|Brenda Gardner, Piccadilly Press|
Brenda's wish list:
1. We’d love an interesting and fresh novel for young adults.
A love story that could be a crossover book perhaps.
2. A sharp witty picture book text would be
an ideal present from Father Christmas
|Illustrated by SCBWI's very own Mike Brownlow|
3. Illustrations with animals and small children that touch the heart.
|Written by SCBWI's very own Juliet Clare Bell|
4. A knock them dead funny series for 7-12 would be a great present.
|You don't get much funnier than Dinopants|
5. Authors and illustrators who have studied our website and know the sorts of books we publish and even read some of them, before sending in material, would win our hearts.
Not only because it is a bestseller but I did spot it some years ago and was just days too late as Puffin had snapped it up. I thought it was a great concept – fresh and appealing and at the same time very reassuring and funny.